- (Individual and Collaborative/Organizational): Andy Warhol Foundation’s Propeller Fund; CEC Artslink; The Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts; MacArthur Fund for Arts & Culture at The Richard H. Driehaus Foundation; Crossroads Fund; Fire This Time Fund; Danish Art Council; Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs CAAP; European Cultural Foundation; Illinois Arts Council; and the Richard and Mary L. Gray Center for Arts and Inquiry at the University of Chicago.
- University Fellowship and Dean’s Scholar Award from University of Illinois Chicago;
- Merit scholarship from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago;
- 2010 Creative Movement Award from Insight Arts for Issue #8 of AREA Chicago
- 2013 – Gray Center for Arts and Inquiry at the University of Chicago
- 2012 – Alternative Press Center – Summer Research Residency
- 2011 – Headlands Center for the Arts “Creative Ecologies” group residency [Sausalito, CA].
- 2010-2011 – University of California Institute for Research in the Arts “Social Technologies: New Models of Value Exchange” Research and development residency [Santa Barbara, CA].
- 2010 – CEC Artslink supported residency with Oberliht Association at K:SAK [Chisinau, Moldova]
- 2007 - Zagreb Urban Festival – One month R&D process for People’s Atlas [Zagreb, Croatia]
- 2007 – Invited participant for intensive “Public Address” seminar for the Danish art organization Publik [New York, NY];
- 2006 – Learning Site writing residency to develop publication “Trashing the Neoliberal City: Autonomous Cultural Practices in Chicago from 2000-2005” [Copenhagen, Denmark].
Boards, Special Appointments and Academic Service:
- Imagining America - PAGE Fellow (2012-13)
- University of Illinois at Chicago: Search Committee for Dean of the College of the Arts and Art History (Fall 2012 – Spring 2013); Gallery 400 Faculty Advisory Committee (Fall 2012); Sustainability Strategic Thinking Committee (Spring 2012); Diversity Committee of College of Architecture and the Arts (Spring 2012)
- Advisory Board for Art In These Times gallery (2010-2013)
- Art & the Public Sphere Journal (Intellect & IXIA, UK) advisory board (2010-2012);
- ThreeWalls SOLO gallery selection committee (2008);
- AREA Chicago advisory board (2005-2010);
- Jounal of Aesthetics and Protest editorial board (2002-04).