Moore College of Art & Design
2014 – Present, Assistant Professor & Graduate Program Director in Socially-Engaged Art at Moore College of Art & Design [Philadelphia, PA].
Courses Taught include the following (with quantitative evaluations here):
- Art and the Social: Foundations in Socially-Engaged Art (Summer Intensive)
- Communication in Context: Facilitation, Ethnography and Documentation Strategies (Online)
- Thesis Preparation Tutorial and Graduate Tutorial (one-on-one advising)
- Theories of Engagement (Reading Seminar and Thesis Writing prep)
- From the Practice to the Page: Written Thesis (Summer intensive and full semester course)
- Exhibitionism: Curating Art + Activism (Undergraduate liberal arts course)
- Professional Practices: Art/Life/Work (MFA seminar)
- Curatorial Studio (exhibition making for artists)
- Expanded Documentary (Undergraduate studio course)
Additional responsibilities: As founding director of a new Socially-Engaged Art department, I am responsible for teaching, developing curriculum, hiring faculty, recruiting students, developing partnerships and organizing public events. The department has two degree programs: an MA in Socially-Engaged Art and an MFA degree in Socially-Engaged Studio Art.
In my role as Graduate Program Director I am responsible for public programming. In collaboration with Paul Farber and Mural Arts Philadelphia I co-organized 3 annual events entitled In/Out Summer Symposium Socially Engaged Art (See documentation here) On an ongoing basis I’ve also organized the evening lecture series Conversations@Moore which are archived here.
- Instructor: Art In Context with Mary Jane Jacob and Abigail Satinsky (Summer, 2014) at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (Cross-listed between Sculpture and Art Education) [Chicago, IL] See course website.
- Instructor Chicago Political Art seminar (Winter and Summer, 2014) at Newberry Library [Chicago, IL]
- Instructor Summer Seminar on Art, Activism and Archiving (Summer, 2013) at University of Chicago’s Gray Center for Arts and Inquiry
- Artist Teacher (Spring, 2012) for the MFA-V at Vermont College of Fine Arts [Montpelier, Vermont]
- Teaching Assistant Tactical Media with Brian Holmes (Fall, 2012) at the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Teaching Assistant Screenwriting with Jennifer Reeder (Fall, 2011) at the University of Illinois at Chicago
Additional Curriculum Design:
- Immersive Life Practices and Learning Communities taught by Drea Howenstein at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (Spring, 2016) [Chicago, IL]
- Study Guide design for the 70 Acres in Chicago documentary film by Ronit Bezalel 
2004-2018 Visiting Artist Lectures in classes at the following educational institutions:
University of Illinois at Chicago; School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Northwestern University, Columbia College, DePaul University, Loyola University, Dominican University, University of Chicago, and Chicago State University [Chicago, IL]; Southern Illinois University [Carbondale, IL]; Syracuse University [Syracuse, NY]; University of Delaware [Newark, DE]; University of Pennsylvania, Moore College of Art and Design; Tyler School of Art at Temple University, University of the Arts, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts [Philadelphia, PA]; Villanova University [Villanova, PA]; Bloomsburg University [Bloomsburg, PA]; University of Wisconsin [Milwaukee, WI]; Mills College [Oakland, CA]; College of the Redwoods [Eureka, CA]; California College of Art, San Francisco Art Institute, and University of San Francisco [San Francisco, CA]; California Institute of the Arts [Valencia, CA]; University of Southern California and University of California Los Angeles [Los Angeles, CA].